Friday, August 2, 2013

A Thank You To Readers


VIRTUAL HEAVEN is now reissued in digital form (Ellora's Cave, Amazon, B&N).  I'm particularly fond of this book as it was my debut novel.  There's just something special about your first of anything.  I remember all the happiness of getting "the call" and the incredible fear when I realized that by putting my book out in the public, I was also going to be reviewed!  Luckily, the book was not only an RT Top Pick, but also a winner of the PEARL Award.

Since that first day when I became a "real" author (think The Velveteen Rabbit) I've both loved and hated the business.



What I hate first, but in no particular order:
--errors that get past me, my critique group, my editor, and the copy-editors
--the day when the book is no longer in print :(

What I love, but in no particular order:
--all the readers who kept in touch while I was ill
--all the readers who bought my books
--all the readers who recommended my books to their friends

At a time when my first book is making its digital debut it seems appropriate to thank the many people who made it happen and that's the readers!  So, here's a little "virtual" champagne toast to you, the readers!


Of course, I'll be drinking mine while relaxing in the tub.  Where will you drink yours?

  
(Ellora's Cave, Amazon, B&N)

Visit my other blogs at Fresh Fiction and Writerspace:



No comments:

Post a Comment