Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Thankful at Thanksgiving!

I love Thanksgiving for one reason.  No gifts.  It's a holiday for getting together and sharing time with family.  My family always meets at my sister's house (I do Christmas).  She has never messed up a turkey . . . or the gravy, but it doesn't really matter.  What matters is the time we have together.

Unfortunately, my sister and I know how really short life is.  In 2002, we lost our baby sister to cancer. I don't think any of us realized how few of those family moments we'd ultimately have together.  Not enough!

So, take it from me . . . enjoy every moment of the family gatherings.  It doesn't matter if the gravy is lumpy or the turkey underdone.  What matters is treasuring the time around the table, telling anecdotes of times gone by and maybe making a few memories for the future.

2 comments: