Friday, January 24, 2014

National Compliment Day

Today is National Compliment Day...

I like this day.  I've complimented all those I've come in contact with so far.  I had a business breakfast at a tiny restaurant near my house and complimented the server who was very attentive (but not annoyingly so).  I then took my mom to the doctor and complimented the whole bunch . . . they are so patient with my 91 year old mom and her millions of questions (millions because with dementia, she forgets the answers really quickly).

I've also taken time to compliment my husband.  He always picks up the slack for me.  When I'm in the writing zone, I'm pretty neglectful of household stuff.  He never complains!

What was best about remembering it was National Compliment Day and making compliments was seeing the smiles on faces afterward.  I found I also did a lot of smiling today.  And smiling is good for you!

So, if you haven't complimented someone yet today . . . Get on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment